This spring our new topic is 'Land of Hope and Glory'. During this topic we will look at how the United Kingdom has changed over time.
We will look at:
Human features, including:
- Countries and capitals of the UK
- Major transport links (With a trip in February to the Transport Museum)
- UK's ancient castles and monasteries and geographical reasons why
- differences between urban and rural areas
- Effects of storms and flooding in recent years
Physical features, including:
- Major mountains
- Places of beauty (Lake District, Giant's Causeway and Loch Ness)
- Long and local rivers, including the journey of the river from the source to mouth
Changes that have taken place over time, such as:
- Industrial past, railways, ship buildings, coal mining, textile industry
- Industrial parks, such as the Olympics have helped to regenerate areas
- Comparing cultures with some European countries.