We pray our school will be a place of great discovery, creativity and adventure. Where we learnt to love and love to learn, a place where everyone is respected and all are deeply valued. We ask all this in Jesus Christ our Lord.
Long Term Plan 2023- 2024
Using 'Kapow Primary' skill lessons and resources
|Diet: Fruit Salad
|Diet: Balanced diet
|Mechanism: Make monster/ or Easter craft
|Diet: Eating seasonally
|Digital world: Electric charm
|Mechanism: pop up book
|Diet: adapt recipe what could be healthy
|Digital world: Navigating the world
|Electrical: steady hands
Three Pillars of our Curriculum
- Learning about significant designers who were good role models in society and thinking about how their actions reflect our Values and how we can do the same in our lives through our work.
- To develop their capability as designers and inventors which can translate to life skills as they leave their primary education.
- To combine designing and making skills with knowledge and understanding in order to create quality products.
- Investigating and problem solving throughout a project and reflecting on these skills as they arise in order to create a successful product.
- Persevering with a project even when challenges arise.
- Adapting ideas as you work through the project to have a quality product by the end.
- To develop a sense of awe and wonder about the technological world, including digital technologies, in order to broaden aspirations and horizons.
- Inspiring curiosity and fascination and an ability to delight in exploring and solving real problems.
- The most successful projects start with conversations around design goals and outcomes. Working in a pair or group when starting a project gives each child a better chance at success.
- Providing and accepting feedback on designs and products and understanding it is OK not to agree with it all but that it will still make you feel more confident about your next steps.
- Promote the study of Design Technology as a way of exploring their own emotions, creative thoughts and as a way of connecting with others through group work and discussion.
- Explore Designers from different cultures, genders and social class.
Being brave enough to follow your own plan and having the strength to be patient when things go wrong.
Encouragement of Others
Feeling a sense of pride in our own and others work and showing respect and acceptance to it through positive feedback. Underpinned by a desire to Serve God in all having the strength to be patient when things go wrong.